Welcome to cXn Clan
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Minecraftia Must Be Saved!

As most of you are aware the minecraft sever is very empty, outdated, and in need of some serious turn around. So I've been reading up on the forums on different thoughts and opinions about what needs to be done and what improvements could be made and I decided to take some of the strong points and great ideas from what I read (and add some of my own) and post what I think would be awesome. So let's start with the world situation. In the past many approaches have been taken but I think it's time for a whole lot of new so my new idea is this; Firstly we bring back something like noob-world only instead of being in a big bedrock box near spawn it should be its own world with a small world limit like the hunger games world would have been. And as for the main world I think we should do something somewhat along the lines of a role play adventure world meaning instead of having a portal nexus or admin shop or any other excessive help we should just have a nice spawn such as a very large and detailed building (with the rules and other info) that is surrounded by a safe and indestructible/unbuildable area. The spawn could also have a vacant market place that people could trade at (so it has a bit more purpose). And then we take our insanely talented admins and we spread far and wide across the land placing large temples or ruins and also a few similar things with portals to other worlds these other worlds might be generated more interestingly or be more or less hostile and the said ruins may contain treasure and or traps or challenges (I've seen what we can do with World Edit and how creative and devious we are). Then players would have to attain everything through getting it themselves or through bartering with someone else who got it legit. Then the PvE would actually happen because players would be forced to run around and travel long roads like we had to back in the beta (ah the good old days). And who likes to walk a long way by themselves through hostile lands? (I do but that's not the point) the point is people will want companions so they'll tame a wolf or bring a friend (hopefully the friend or both). The server could also grow in this fashion say a group of people decided to build a town then one of us admins could add some protective tags to make it safer and also attach it to the road system. This travel would also make people get creative (the whole point in minecraft) with their travel everyone used to just spam "tp! tp! tp!" not anymore! Now they can build high-speed boat tunnels or minecart tracks the way the game was meant to be played. As for Permissions LWC or something like that would be nice the only way out of noob world would be a tp by Jonas after you

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What he said but a bit more organized in the different idea's he wrote:

As most of you are aware the minecraft sever is very empty, outdated, and in need of some serious turn around. So I've been reading up on the forums on different thoughts and opinions about what needs to be done and what improvements could be made and I decided to take some of the strong points and great ideas from what I read (and add some of my own) and post what I think would be awesome.

So let's start with the world situation. In the past many approaches have been taken but I think it's time for a whole lot of new so my new idea is this:

1. Firstly we bring back something like noob-world only instead of being in a big bedrock box near spawn it should be its own world with a small world limit like the hunger games world would have been.

2. And as for the main world I think we should do something somewhat along the lines of a role play adventure world meaning instead of having a portal nexus or admin shop or any other excessive help we should just have a nice spawn such as a very large and detailed building (with the rules and other info) that is surrounded by a safe and indestructible/unbuildable area. The spawn could also have a vacant market place that people could trade at (so it has a bit more purpose). And then we take our insanely talented admins and we spread far and wide across the land placing large temples or ruins and also a few similar things with portals to other worlds these other worlds might be generated more interestingly or be more or less hostile and the said ruins may contain treasure and or traps or challenges (I've seen what we can do with World Edit and how creative and devious we are). Then players would have to attain everything through getting it themselves or through bartering with someone else who got it legit. Then the PvE would actually happen because players would be forced to run around and travel long roads like we had to back in the beta (ah the good old days). And who likes to walk a long way by themselves through hostile lands? (I do but that's not the point) the point is people will want companions so they'll tame a wolf or bring a friend (hopefully the friend or both).

3. The server could also grow in this fashion say a group of people decided to build a town then one of us admins could add some protective tags to make it safer and also attach it to the road system. This travel would also make people get creative (the whole point in minecraft) with their travel everyone used to just spam "tp! tp! tp!" not anymore! Now they can build high-speed boat tunnels or minecart tracks the way the game was meant to be played.

4. As for Permissions LWC or something like that would be nice the only way out of noob world would be a tp by Jonas after you

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

We tried all of what you mentioned before and the sheer amount of plugins required, and the fact that the makers of the plugins NEVER seem to update made it hard to keep consistent, but now with minecraft 1.4.7 having many more features dropping plugins and starting a fresh clean server with minimal interference from plugins would be a sensible idea.

As for ADMINS, i am ALWAYS on team speak if im not there you can poke me and ill get to it immediately, i log on to the server machine at least 6 times a day to check the status of the servers and make sure that everything (not just minecraft server) are running correctly.

As for the lack of players, many of the original player on MC have started playing Feed The Beast more that standard minecraft, due to the machinery and stuff that possible with it, we host the FTB server as well, and you will find most players are there now.

I have been contemplating the server restart(minecraft) for quite a while, but figuring what plugins are required and starting all the long process of getting all members and everything re associated is a very long and stressful process.

I want ALL minecraft members who are forum active to put forward what plugins they thing the server should have and what kind of server they would like to see. By this i dont mean just say something like this or maybe that, do some research into the plugins, give me links to the plugins, so i can check them out, make sure the plugins have been supported by their makers and that they are active on the bukkit plugins site, give me as much information as you can and im sure between me and Sovar with help from ExodiusTSD, Tutorialsbyck and all the admins and mods and members can have the server running in a efficient and popular manner.

But this is not a task to be taken lightly and will require many hours of hard work by all involved, from configuration and setup(my job) to building and colonizing the server (everyones job) im sure we can do this and make a good job of it.

So please CALLING ALL MINECRAFT MEMBERS/MODS/ADMINS/LEADERS This is a task that should be started soon, as the faster we get a list of plugins that are all compatable with the current RB of minecraft, and are good for the server, the sooner we can have what i imagine all the minecraft players would like, a productive fun, busy server, also everyone should be voting everyday for the server to raise it on the ranks of minestatus.net and get us to the top pages so we get seen.

Come up with new ideas on how to advertise and populate the server, as conventional means(steam messages) tend not to be so effective as many minecraft players by now have found a comfortable place to play, we need to give them a reason to want to be CXN.

Things needed:-

1. List of plugins to have on the server, here are the essentials that the server must have, make sure additional ones are compatible.

*ESSENTIALS and ESSENTIALS EXTRA
    *WORLDGUARD and WORLDEDIT and WORLDBORDER
    *PERMISSIONSEX(or a derivative)
    *MULTIVERSE and CREATIVE GATES
    *LWC and LOGBLOCK

Without these essentials the server would be impossible to manage with all the damage it would sustain.

2. Structural Engineering, by this i mean clear ideas for what the server should be about what we want it to look like and what type of game play we want the server to have. Do we want a "GIANT" Westcity style spawn area and by giant i mean on a scale never before conceived (with 256 world height) Or do we want to have a smaller scale less impressive town. Do we want to have major high ways between building "zones" or do we want little tracks.
    I have tried to get poeple interested in the major city idea in the past and have been meet with disinterest many times.

3. A clear time scale and schedule to work to, i dont want this to drag on for ever and never get anything finished, just as another minecraft update comes out to have EVERYTHING be a waste of time (such as the awesome myan themed spawn we had, which was corrupted by hackers with the last 1.3.x to 1.4.x update.

4.Everyone needs to input into this project or its not going to work, once all the information is to me and i can get all of the basics in and on, we can get started on the configuration of the servers plugins and permissions system setup. This will be an ENTIRELY fresh server, i will remove all traces of the current server and its plugins so it should be more efficient and have minimal lag due to bugged old code.

5. Once we have started we wont be upgrading to newer version of minecraft until ALL of the required plugins are updated and the CRAFTBUKKIT server is in a relatively bug free state. So dont get updating your clients.

6. Get to it, ride the waves of the internet like its the ocean that leads to paradise, find the long lost plugins of enlightenment and bring them fourth to me and if all is good and full of promise for the gods of minecraft, may they smile down upon us as we endeavor to tame the wild and protect those in harms way with our fortifications of cobble, stone and wood. May the towers of obsidian rise into the sky and may the torches light our way while the command blocks make us say things which we did not. For now is the time, that a new era shall arise and the people of the world that is minecraft, a new era of power, ingenuity and prosperity.

Sorry for the cheese minecrafty poem, im my head it gradually builds with dramatic music.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

if needed, i can begin to work on something on a massive scale, such as the york minster i worked on. When im working on a spawn area, i seem more motivates so i should complete it this time ! So yeah, the best theme we should go for is either medieval, Roman, Greek or maybe japanese, however i prefer roman / greek because of the massive temples. I can make a massive 100x100 or bigger temple for the spawn area, like a city center which can be the main area of the spawn, it can hold all the portals for creative gates.

We should try limit the amount of plugins which we have because we may end up relying on a plugin and the next update it might go and die! So were best relying on our own systems and very strong plugins like essentials. We can rely on the signs for that and stuff, which will allow us to update our server easier.

We should use the currency system which me and max spoke about, the system which uses Paper and gold nuggets as a source of money. This will allow people to actually earn money by farming it.

also P.S. ----> Jonas, Nice poem lol.

we can develop a massive city around the spawn building and allocate a city for an admin to control, so maybe jonas has control over spawn, or me, Exodius has his own city, Tutorialsbyck can have his own , and any other admins could, we can then link them with roads and rail tracks ( at a price ) and kind of create a massive economy. Villages could have members and could trade with each other to earn money.

Another thing would be to possibly purchase a copy of buycraft ( a plugin ) which allows us to literally sell items to people ingame, meaning people can buy donator status through a website and it will automatically give it to them ingame. We could also use this to develop a real money trading system or something so someone could pay

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I agree, i like the simple paper money idea, so far CREATIVE GATES are a no no, they have not been updated since 1.2.5 and dont work with the newest version of Minecraft. So i have found one that is called Color gates, simple to set up and simple to use. Ill show you all later if you get on ill throw up a new basic bukkit server with the basic outline plugins, including DYNMAP which i think i forgot above, also with some form of flat map creator, want to make an admin/mod only TEST world, where admins and mods can go and test stuff in creative.

Also for the noob world. it will need to be the default map that the server creates, so the nether and end will be associated to that world, but accessible from all the worlds, unless someone can point me to the correct way to make noobs spawn in the new world.

Also we need to work on a list of permission that MEMBERS/MODS/ADMINS sould have. If more people are wanting admin, we need to simplify what they have access to, while creating new groups such as BUILDER/SUPPORTER and special groups for raised members permissions for longer standing members who deserve some more props/rep

Also the NOOB permission group needs to be sorted out, what permissions and such they should have access to.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

So just a quick update.

1. Ive spent the last 6 hours working with sovar to configure the permissions for the server and as it stands the ranks and permissions have been re adjusted.

The addition of a new server group Unregistered, After joining initially as NEW they will have to complete a few simple questions and be warped to a place where they will be added by command block to the group Unregistered, this group has a few available in game commands, most importantly the ability to build, but also the ability to use basic essentials signs, check the worth of items, make a single home, use warp signs, and only have access to the main world not the nether or end.

Members have also had their permissions changed in order to make the server more survival orientated. no longer have access to /fly command due to obvious avoidance of mobs and all survival aspects, i will list a full list of commands for all at the bottom, but you can send mail, suicide, set multiple homes (up to 3) use tpa use weather signs, request tp to you, dent tp requests, warp, access to the end and the nether, and other members worlds as they come, if you die you can go back you can also clear your inventory of items.

Moderators are now Elite-Members as they have earned the name ELITE. as an Elite you can temp ban players but for no more than 6 hours please then contact an admin, you can also tempban players who have gone offline, you can see others inventory to check for hacked items, you can put out fires, join the server if its full, use the logblock BEDROCK tool, and the lookup command, you have access to all worlds, as well as all the previous.

Admins you have revamped permissions with more useful commands and less OP commands, such as god, heal, time, gamemode, fullban, kick, kill and many others. which i will list bellow. Please if you do have to ban a person come on the the forum and make a post under the MINECRAFT section and call it Had to ban (player)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

also, im currently working on a spawn for the server, it will take me quite a few days to make it fully however, it may be quite big!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well the server has a new map and It going be the best cXn minecraft bukkit server. The plugins is going change and the ranks different like [Sub-Admin] is now [Elite-Member]. There has been a lot of changes. Have a new spawn area. It take about week to set up and make big spawn for the server and that sorted.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ok idea i had last night ( was very tired so it might not be that great) Admins or moderators own villages (they would be the leader/mayor.) They could have registered player work for them in an rp kind of fashion. Other villages could raid villages. Or there could be a kind of bandit village, sending out groups of 4 to attack a village.
    Just an idea, could use some adding on to.
    Remember We Have To Keep THE PIRATE at BAY

Thread Information