Welcome to cXn Clan
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exclamation svchost.exe BIG PROBLEM

I''ve been having a really strange problem with my Dell Inspiron 15.

As a computer technician I tried everything but failed so I want some expert advice to fix this, problem is about 30 secs to 1 minute after booting into Windows the computer starts lagging heavily and next it happens after 3 or 4 hours later my Desktop no response everything stopped and I cant access anything even Task manager if i reach at task manager to look for any process taking up too much resources I would always find this particular svchost.exe process taking up around 50% to 75% CPU. The odd thing is that when I try to find which service it is related to, my task manager won't show me any related services, also on the description column it will only show "svchost.exe"

My task manager window would look like this when this svchost "clone" is running.

I've been googling for similar issues but I've had no luck, I've used different antivirus, anti-spyware and anti-malware scans to check for malicious software but I get no results other than tracking cookies and such (which I already deleted off course) but the problem persists.

My system:
    Intel i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80 GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.80 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It would appear you have a windows file system virus, there is very little you can do that is easy to explain in this forum. There are many steps that you would need to take, you would need to isolate what program on your computer is creating the clone svchost(windows process)

The best way to deal with this is the quickest way, that is to do a fresh install of windows, save all your important information and format your HDD and start from a clean fresh start.

If you do not want to do that, you can i suppose find a free virus program and run it and instruct it to do an indepth scan, i do not advise trusting these programs to do the job, most modern viruses, hide themselves and once the computer is rebooted, get back to doing harm. I suggest, saving important stuff and re installing windows.

sorry

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

wow really is work??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

ok thanks i will must try on holiday because so many softwares i have to install after windows .... what about antivirus? im using now Avast prine 2015 (R).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

You can try it, but i really do not think it will work, most of the free anti virus programs do not work well. You could always try getting some registry cleaning software to double up on protection and clear out anything thats old and no longer used.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I tried everything but still same problem ... last night I keep on my laptop for downloading torrent but after I sleep, when I check in the morning it was freeze again.... I dont know why MEEEE

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sounds like you need to start a fresh windows install

Thread Information