Welcome to cXn Clan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Website Comments Here

Post your comments about the look & organization of the website here so we can look them over and make the website & forums here.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Princess Bride
    Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - Man in Black (Westley)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

blueeeeeeeee theme would be lovely
    id like to donate when i got teh money

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

One idea of how to re-organize the forums to make it more appealing and easier to operate:
    - 3 layer permission system:

(1) visitors & registered to the website (registered people got permission to sign up for tournaments and leave chatbox messeges, nothing more.)
    (2) clan members got full access to the members forum + little things like fileing complaints etc...)
    (3) leaders can view all 3 sections

This is the tree how it could look like:

(1) Main Forums
    • -> Community new for all games
    • -> Gaming equipment
    • -> Upcoming tournaments/ clanwars
    • -> Links to other clans, livestreams, Sponsors, Community news websites (all after leaders-chamber decision...)

(2) CLAN Member Forums (for actual MEMBERS)
    • -> Entertainment
    • -> Graphics Department
    • -> Video deparment
    • -> Complainment
    • -> Game forums (for game discussions)
      • ---> BF2
      • ---> CnC ZH
      • ---> LOL
      • ---> SC II
    • -> Support
      • ---> support videos
      • ---> Hardware
      • ---> Software (Teamspeak, Game Installation
      Operating systems etc...,usefull links)

(3) Leader Forums
    [LIST][*]-> Website administration
    • ---> How to do what // gaming & community news (+ exchanging experiences about website operations)
    • ---> Potential links(friends& sponsors) / discussion -> vote
    • ---> User list in those 3 groups categorized + an easy way for each leader to switch all website members around in those groups
    [*]-> Meetings (date of the next meeting and results of the last meeting[*]-> Game Servers
    • ---> Servers we have up & running
    • ---> Servers we think about
    [*]-> current website statistics (activity graph would be nice)[*]-> Off website activities[LIST][*]---> friends that linked our website (short updates of what

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

how about removing all the non-active clan members but i mean the really non-active clan players:
    what i mean by this is the people that are never active or people that sign up for the fun of it without contributing to the website

just a thought

League of Legends IGN: P4IN

"Every Mistake is a Lesson" - Wukong

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I don

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

i dont find anything wrong with the website at all, maybe the color of the main page. but thats it
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Im working on something on paint.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Here something that i made on paint,

This is just i thought that came to me.

Some structure on the HQ, the forums should be linked on that.
    With same style,color,Avatar on top
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default discussion about the website (clanmeet 11-02-2011)

The cxn site:

First of all i discuss the layout how i see it and what i think should be done.
    I don't go in on forum topics, that i think could be done later. (and it will cost me a sh#tload of time ;P)

the icons (youtubu/teamspeak etc) on the left

Dislike:
    Everywhere a different lettertype (size and font/style) this doesn't look proffesional, and searching for something in a load of text is harder. When i past the first three topics under home (clan rules/Clan Disciplinary Actions/donate/sponsor) the were all in a different lettertype.
    No same layout for all games and other topics. We should have the same, this also looks more profi and the site also is easier to read

HOME:

homepage:
    the announcement of news i think is good. the pics could be smaller, so i don't have to scroll a lot downwards.
    Also (as Carl said i think) it would be nice to inform members and visitors here about championships outside of this clan. world / european/usa championships.

Clan rules:
    they should be on top in a nice order. Now administrators profile comes first then some rules, after thaat a big profile of carl and some more rules/sugestions.

Clan Disciplinary Actions:
    Also first again a profile of admin. why? cause he posted it? nobody cares who posted it. just the actions are importend.
    The are in a nice order so thats good.
    but dont use color in text unless needed. Make the faul in bold letters and tyhe action in normal. again easy to read.

Donate:
    Looks good!

Sponsors:
    When i see sponsors i think i'm gonna find sponsors of the site.
    Instead i find a piece of the forum, with only 1 post, and a lot of recently posted things wich don't have anything to do with sponsors.
    Maybey its an option to make a bannerpage of this, wich contains sponsor banners.
    You can also make a rotation (by clicks/date/time) of these banners on home. This way it might be more attractive for sponsors.

Calender:
    good, no comment

View who's online:
    good.
    But as said by someone in the clanmeeting: maybe this also has to be visible next to the chat.

Forums:
    that i dont check now.

Games:
    The game layouts different from eachother, but do fit to the game. (lettercolor combo's)

looks fine, when you hover on games, only the games come visable. that is how i like it. no fuss just the things you are searching for.
    loose the "Headquarters Recent Topics" on the bottom, again a lot of post that have nothing to do with games.

Battlefield BF2:
    use same layout as the home. why now in a sudden a bf background? Maybe a bf banner on top would be nice, but all the rest same layout as home.
    I'm not looking for a lot of pictures of the game, im looking for info. Keep that in mind.
    I like the orange topic letters and the white posts combo. looks good.

COD modern warfare:
    Here's an example of what i ment above, a nice banner in cod style. just that and nothing more.
    again textstyle.

Command & Conquer:
    Also here a C&C background. It does look nice i agree, but its not our clanstyle/layout.
    top banner looks good also. Maybe all banner should be same height? (BF2/COD/C&C)

LOL:
    big banner, fills up almost the hole screen, maybe smaller?
    also background and textstyle again.

RUSE:
    as mentioned in C&C

Starcraft:
    as mentioned in C&C

Members:
    no comment, looks good to me.

Appreciation Department:
    its an overall thing: the avatar and the other stuff about the person who left a message takes more space then the message itself. This is not reading easely.
    Maybe put a small avatar and name in front of message (just like a lot of other forums)

Member quick links:
    maybe the edit your profile/signature/picture/avatar could also be put into your profile on the right?

Tournaments:
    no comment, there is not much info.
    Could ad big tournaments outside of the clan?

Support:
    looks good.
    use another color for "sticky" now its bleu, but hardly visable.

__________________________________________________ ______

Overall a lot of things I think could be different or changed.
    Many things you will disagree i think, but that is also why i made the list, to have a thing we could discuss about.
    I left the topics of the forum out of this, because i think all the mentioned above is priorty one, and deleting/adding topics on the forum priority two.
    I hope this is of help for you all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hey Guys these are new changes, That I have in mind so far:

• turn all the pages in to same color as Headquarters.
    • All the pages will look the same with the same logo on top, except each game will still have its own page and nice section for picture of that game or news about that game or champion for that game.
    • The The top 4 inches will remain the same for all the pages with name of the game written there.
    • Edit Text style to be the same everywhere.
    I will work on the forum so it will be looking pretty easier to navigate.

Any other suggestion's let me know here.

Carl
    Men are very often so busy being ORDINARY that they don't recognize that every one of them is slightly, somewhere, EXTRAORDINARY.

Thread Information